Make a real difference to peoples lives by joining Country Cousins, one of the UK's longest-serving live-in care agencies, as a Live-in carer on a self-employed basis. We're looking for dedicated, self-employed carers.
ATTENTION: We will aim to cover your quarantine and/or travel costs to the UK subject to terms and conditions.
Get paid up to £940 per week.
As a Country Cousins live-in carer, you will be responsible for working independently and unsupervised in the client’s home, and so the ability to cope with various degrees of dependency and medical needs is paramount. Not only must you be a competent carer, but you should also be able to fit in seamlessly with our clients' home life. With an excellent disposition, you will have the ability to become a friend and companion to your clients'. You may be called upon to provide Alzheimer’s or dementia care and quite often you will need to work alongside other care agencies or medical professionals including Marie Curie, Macmillan, and district nurses.
What we offer
- Competitive pay rates between £97.30 to £134.30 per day
- Flexible working patterns and the choice of when you work
- Various assignment lengths offering flexible options to maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Free room and board whilst on an assignment
- Travel expenses covered to and from your assignment
- Friendly support from our dedicated Customer Relations Executives
- The chance to receive £250 via BACS transfer for every new carer you recommend to Country Cousins who starts to work with us
What we're looking for,
A passion for our core values:
- Enhancing clients’ lives and enabling them to stay in their own homes
- Respecting clients' personal space and belongings
- Delivering the best possible private home care
- Attending the latest training
- Staying up to date with industry trends
- Working closely with the client, their representatives and family to provide the best possible service, taking the lead when necessary
- Remaining professional and proud of what we do at all times
Compliance requirements and experience:
- Provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK
- Agree to complete the relevant DBS / PVG checks
- Have a minimum of 6 months' experience in a regulated care environment
- Be self-employed with two professional references, one from a current or previous employer
- Evidence professional development and any training certificates
The training required to become a Country Cousins carer is:
- Manual Handling
- Basic First Aid
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
We offer our clients three levels of live-in home care, depending on your experience and relevant skills, and once you’ve been accepted as a Country Cousin carer, we will discuss and agree with you as to which level you are most suited.
Apply now to begin your journey as a self-employed live-in carer.